Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello - I want to apply for PIP as I stuggle with permanent sciatica due to an operation. I can't see that the PIP questions apply to me so much but the condition really affects my live and where I go - every day. I don't know how to even start writing - it's quite overwhelming because I can dress and wash myself but have been let go by my employers because I can't sit down for a long time to do my work. There are no questions about this. I struggle reading most of the time because I can't focus due to the medication - does this count? Anyone been through similar or know where I can get some help? Thanks
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 838 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 773 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.