Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Heart failure, what can I claim?
Im currently on ESA for depression/anxiety and some other health issues. My GP has just told me today that I’m suffering from heart failure. I’m waiting to see a consultant to decide on treatment. I currently experiencing SOBOE, fatigue. What would be my options for any help? And would claiming anything put me on the UC rollercoaster?
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.