Need some help - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some help

Options
123457»

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were these appointment letters or medical reports?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    Reports from where you see your consultant on the day and they say about the appointment 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    The pieces of paper I sent is how I feel, how the pain effects my life, medication I am on and how often, my talking therapies referral letter so they know I am having that 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @avakarlsson, just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi Chloe

I am not doing to great thank you in chronic pain and my panic attacks still happen ;(

• avakarlsson
    Options
    Hope you are doing ok
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @avakarlsson, pain and panic attacks are horrible. Have you found anything that helps?

You are doing amazing, be easy on yourself and take care this weekend. :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Options
    I am having talking therapies with my therapist who I have seen 3 times every other week, it may help a tiny bit but still have my panic attacks.

She gives me booklets about it and I read through them.

I am waiting to my universal credit health work assessment mandatory reconsideration and I wrote everything on my journal
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad your therapist has been able to offer some support, I really hope that continues to be helpful and that you don't have to wait long for UC. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• avakarlsson
    Options
    Yes hopefully it does help me, I phoned up universal credit this afternoon and they said the person that’s looking into it has got until next Thursday then I will know what the decision is by next Thursday which is good.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure why you were told this because there's no timescales for any decision. MR's can take anything up to 10 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    The person who I spoke to she looked at my details on my  account and said that it says on there that someone is looking into it and be ready by next Thursday I will hear. Then if I don’t here by next Thursday then I have to ring them again and they will escalate it that’s what they told me on the phone. 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi everyone I did my universal credit extra payment appeal, they are doing it urgently as the situation I am in, as I can’t work as I’m in chronic pain, so hopefully this week or next week will be the appointment for the telephone hearing and have it within a couple of weeks hopefully, depending what’s happening. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you @avakarlsson. Please keep in touch and let us know when you get a date. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.