Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi guys, just after a little advice. We have just put in a application for our first motability car for my son who suffers from numerous health and mental conditions. After my son reading into Motability terms/conditions etc he has read that they sometimes fit tracking devices on vehicles. Obviously this is no issue whatsoever to me nor his other named driver,although as he also suffers from paranoid schizophrenia he know believes they will be monitoring and watching he’s every move! (I’m sure this is not the case not the reasoning) I have a friend who currently has a motability vehicle and she has never heard of this before. Can anybody shed some light on this? Will we be made aware of this happening before hand? If so, at what point of the ordering process will thiS be discussed.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.