Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi! Im just wanting to get some advise on complex PTSD. My partner was diagnosed with PTSD in 2013 due to something that happened to him when he was just a child. Ive been doing some research and I actually believe he has been mis-diagnosed. My reason for this is because he suffers with all the symptoms of cPTSD and the cause of his PTSD was from a young age and from someone very close to him. He was seeing a therapist off his own back who wanted to try the EMDR once she had listened to what had actually happened to him. Surely his doctor should've picked up on his symptons etc, and stated that he needed this treatment and not just his therapist? I hate seeing him when hes having one of his episodes, and they are lasting even longer than before which have now resulted in him losing his job. I dont really know what im looking for in here but, some advice or help with what to do next would be amazing!
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 965 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.