Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Feel guilty for trying to get extra help
Hi. I recently applied for pip in Setepember due to many health issues. In dec i was declined so i asked for a mandatory reconsideration and was still declined. I dobt know what to do I got help from a kudbey advocate, mp case work and a friend. I had loads of support information including preceptuons, clinic letters test results and a letter from my GP backing my case. It was revieved in time and I outlined what i didn't agree with crom their first decision. Im a stroke, heart trnsplant, cancer survier im currently on pd dialysis as I'm in kidney failure. I feel so emotionally and mentally drained anyway this is just tge iceing on the cake. I almost feel guilty for trying to get this extra help. Sorry for long post just needed to vent.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.