Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Would you like to improve your typing?
I’m a masters researcher, currently working on a project to do with typing for those with any kind of limited mobility. Whether it’s typing documents, communicating online or creating input for a speech synthesiser, I’d love to hear about your experiences. As a designer and engineer, my goal is ultimately to create solutions to make this part of digital life easier and more efficient. Below are a few questions to get started.
I’m also keen to meet as many people as possible to try out some new ideas and get your feedback on what I could improve. If you have some free time (I certainly have a lot at the moment!) and would like to get involved, please let me know. Obviously this would take place over the phone/ video chat for now. Thanks!
For what purposes do you type?
How do you type? (which physical devices, which software etc.)
Have you tried a number of options? What were they and how did you decide on one?
What problems (if any) do you face around typing?
If you could change absolutely anything about the way you type, what would it be?
Have you at any point been able to write by hand with pen/ pencil? (with or without assistance)
What has been your experience with using voice recognition as a method of typing?
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments