Football - Page 21 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Football

Options

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  Please may I ask, who are the injuries to? I just have a feeling it will be a draw, if we have the same number of chances as we did against United, we need to make sure will capitalise on them, which with Haller up front may be harder than it sounds :) I like Haller but he definitely plays better with a strike partner and with Antonio out, and us playing better in a 5-4-1 formation with wing backs, it's unlikely to happen. Masuaku is out due to surgery so it will be interesting to see how we get on, especially given the consistency of the team in recent weeks. May the best team win @Ross_Scope (I'm sure you will LOL) :) Hope you enjoy the game. Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WestHam06
    Two of our centre backs, Koch and Llorente, so Ayling (our right back) will be playing at centre back alongside Cooper. 

Yeah, Haller is a good player, although I believe he missed a big chance last week didn't he? That won't have helped his confidence. 

Yes, may the best team win, or we get a draw and then we're both happy :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                 How are you? Please may I ask what your thoughts were on the game on Friday? As a football fan, I thought it was a fair result and obviously I was very happy :) Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I'm well thanks @WestHam06, how are you? 

Yes, it was a fair result, I have to say I was disappointed with how we played, but I think your team did well to reduce our qualities. 

You must be very happy?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  I'm pleased to hear that you are well, I'm good thanks. I must say, when the penalty was retaken, which was the right decision, I thought Leeds were going to dominate the game so I felt pleased with how we came back from being 1-0 down. I am quite surprised by how we are doing but just taking it a game at a time and enjoying it for what it is. Rice reckons we could be title contenders, I love the positivity but realistically a top 10 finish would be fantastic, considering our team. There are lots of good teams this season, it will be interesting how the league plays out. I think Leeds will be top 10, please may I ask where you think you'll finish? Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I thought similar when we scored the penalty @WestHam06 although when he missed it the first time, I did get one of those "it's going to be that sort of games" feelings. If anything, the way he took the penalty the first time was a marker for how we were going to play. 

But yes, West Ham were fantastic and came back well, I think you are in for a solid season which is a change from recent years where you've been looking over your shoulder. 

• WestHam06
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                   I have just put the next set of fixtures up and seen that Leeds are playing Man United away, please may I ask, how do you think you'll get on? I have gone for Leeds to win 0-2. Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Apparently Wednesday lost 2-0 to Notts County last night, people are complaining about it on Facebook.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I did not enjoy the Leeds game yesterday.

• Ignatiusyork
    Ignatiusyork Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I'm glad you find it so funny @Ignatiusyork :D 

• Ignatiusyork
    Options
    @Ross_Scope, Because I support Manchester United and will always love if Manchester United can beat all the club there. now we are in transition which will take a beat of time.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Well I begrudgingly wish you congratulations on the result, and good luck for the season @Ignatiusyork

• Ignatiusyork
    Options
    @Ross_Scope, thank you and good luck as well, Leeds United is a good team and love the entertaining football being displayed by your team. I pray and hope you avoid relegation.

But there is a price in playing such ways. against top club teams, Leeds should seat back and soaked up the pressure and hit when necessary. only way to beat teams like Liverpool and Manchester City. Aston Villa did that against Liverpool and the results went well for them. 

Cheers.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Honestly @Ignatiusyork I wouldn't want us to play any different to how we are now. Even though we concede a few sometimes, we play such courageous footbal that I almost don't care about the occasional loss like that one.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Honestly @Ignatiusyork I wouldn't want us to play any different to how we are now. Even though we concede a few sometimes, we play such courageous footbal that I almost don't care about the occasional loss like that one.
    Thats a great way of putting positive spin on it!

You definitely should not work for the news with positivity like that! :D
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I had to try @66Mustang :) 

• WestHam06
    Options
    What a fantastic match that was on Sunday :) End to end stuff with lots of goals, just like how football used to be played way back when :) Though Leeds conceded 6, I felt like they weren't battered and in a strange sense unlucky to loose.  To be fair Leeds had chances, Man United just put their chances away. Great game, well done to both teams :) Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Yeah I agree with you @WestHam06, Man Utd were clinical, we weren't. I think 6 - 4 could have been a fair scoreline to be honest.

• WestHam06
    Options
    Absolutely @Ross_Scope 6-4 would have been a much more reflective score on how the game actually went but given that Leeds are newly promoted, to play the football that they do and to stick to the philosophy not matter what, is much to be admired :) I look forward to watching Leeds on the telly because I know it will be entertaining. It must be great as a fan to watch that attitude towards football consistently :) Thank you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.