Chronic Illness & Mental Health: An Inevitable Combination - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Illness & Mental Health: An Inevitable Combination

2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you're getting some help from Mind @anthy :)

I see. Although you're sort of starting again from the beginning, do you feel as though you have a plan in place?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • anthy
    anthy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Tori Scope
    Thank you for your reply I don't have a plan I'm going along with my Rheumatology consultant I have been on Cimzia injections they've  just stopped working I've tried Humira I can't remember the other ones I've been on Steroids inflectra injections which is done at the Hospital these injections wipe out the immune system to try and slow the AS down but on the down side I keep getting infections.
    I know I keep moaning normally I'm upbeat but like everyone else Covid and being locked down has affected us all I just need to get my head above water. I'm so sorry for moaning I have know one else to talk and discuss this with since losing my mum in 2019.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    You're not moaning, don't worry @anthy. You're going through a tough time, and we all need to get things off of our chest from time to time. You're welcome to post here any time :)

I'm sorry you keep getting infections, is there anything that can be done about those? I imagine it's part and parcel of the injections you're getting, but I hope they don't make you feel too unwell? 

I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Have you spoken to anyone about that? How have you been finding the grieving process? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.