Hi, my name is robertwalker! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is robertwalker!

robertwalker
robertwalker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
returned from 2 years abroad, homeless currently in NW3.... seeking help at the moment... a diabetic, replacement knee, arthritis etc - but optimistic that I can get housed and get medical attention when I have an address.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertwalker and welcome to scope, have you tried shelter for advice on housing?

https://england.shelter.org.uk/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertwalker Welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear you are homeless that must be very distressing for you.

Are you in contact with the housing dept at the council hopefully then can help you out 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertwalker and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear that you are homeless at the moment and that you have your health issues too.  I hope you have found the above advice and information given to you by members to be helpful and I hope it won't be too long before you can be found a suitable house.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and please stay safe and well.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertwalker - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your difficult situation, & hope you're getting some help, or that other members advice above is helpful. I hope too that you have/will soon be able to register with a GP, & get the medical attention you need. It's great you have a positive attitude, & I hope it's not too long before you get somewhere good to live. Please do keep in touch, & let us all know how you're getting on, thank you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @robertwalker and welcome to the community. As well as the suggestions above, have you had a look at St Mungo's
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @robertwalker

Good Morning I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

You have had some great info above from a number of our members.

Please please let me know if you need any further help???

@steve51
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @robertwalker

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.