Hi, my name is TomD77! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TomD77!

Options
TomD77
TomD77 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I'm 53 big guy who enjoys lots of outdoor activities, which is really important to me since I lost my ability to travel for long distances with my own legs. Since I have been using mobility scooter for years, I'm expectant to browse the forum for new techs and also chat with people like me.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TomD77 Welcome to the community great to have you on board. I am a 53 year old wheelchair user and use a mobility scooter to get about on locally.

This is a great friendly community you have joined, have a good look around maybe start in the coffee lounge, feel free to join in any discussions and also ask if there is anything you want help with.

I look forward to seeing you around
  • TomD77
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome @janer1967 I certainly look forward to chat with all the community members. Will definitely join lots discussions and try to offer helpful advice where I can as well!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @TomD77! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TomD77 and welcome to the community! What sort of outdoor activities do you like to do? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TomD77 - & welcome to the community from me too. Please do have a look around the forum (try the 'All groups' link opposite your first post on the right) & join in with the discussions. I'm sure you'll find this friendly & supportive group helpful, & it sounds like you will help others too, which is what this community is all about. Thank you for becoming part of this. :)
  • TomD77
    Options
    Wow so much responses :dizzy: Thank you all for the warm reception, it feels great to be so welcome!
    @Ami2301 To be honest I enjoy going to the local park, we have those lovely stone chessboards there set up for older guys like me. I often meet with my friends, because I just love chatting with them while playing a game which requires some brain-usage.

Also many thanks for the pointers chiarieds :smile:
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TomD77

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family 

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that you need a ?? with??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like fun! Although I don't know how to play chess :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hello @TomD77 and welcome to the community. 

I've never been lucky enough to go to a park that has the stone chessboards. I always imagine (probably wrongly!) that they draw quite a crowd. Does it end up with a lot of the same people playing together regularly? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.