A new poem - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A new poem

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really powerful @Globster! How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger

Poem about Kim helping Tim to get thin

A young women called Kim was a personal trainer for a gym 

As Kim kept herself thin and slim and trim figure 

Kim was helping a young man Tim 

Who was looking to get a slim and trim figure

Kim helped Tim reach his goal of getting a slim trim figure

I am fantastic thank you @Chloe_Scope

I hope you are doing well too

What are you doing to keep yourself busy @Chloe_Scope

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    That's a lovely poem @Globster

Are you having a nice day? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I tend to read a lot of books @Globster, do you like reading poetry as well as writing it? :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger

I have just written a poem for another poetry competition  

Love ones the time missed our the Lockdown

I pray that one day I will be able to see my loved ones during the lockdown.

I cannot bear to be restricted to seeing them only on computer screens.

I hope to be able to hug my loved ones soon 

I hope to fill the room with the gleeful smiles which have been missing from their faces since lockdown. 

I hope to make my love ones proud of me and my achievements 

By bringing some meaning to their lives

I stride down the road to overcome challenges 

There were days that I felt like giving up on my dreams 

But I found the self-belief to keep fighting 

I will not let disability stop me from succeeding

I will put the doubters behind me

Lockdown has given me the time to get trim and slim

I will motivate disabled people to follow their dreams. 

I know everything looks scary.

But I urge you to work at your crafts and not to seek results straight away

A gardener must plant and tend the seeds and wait patiently for results 

We will encounter learning experiences on the journey

A “Never Give Up” attitude will help me gain the strength to keep fighting for my dreams.

Never lose focus on the big plan however long it may take.

Every day, small steps on the ladder to success. 

I know I face tests along the way but what does not defeat me makes me stronger

There is light in my heart that burns bright and proves that disabled people can achieve anything 

Now some amazing opportunities have come my way because I became an expert at your craft 

I can laugh when they said I was daft 

Each day I stay humble and take advice

As the smile seems to have returned to my face. 

It’s not just doing it’s about getting it done

I allow my self to dream as I go under steam 

There have been days I felt like screaming when things didn’t work.

Your worst enemy is doubting our own abilities to achieve 

I wanted to be a singer-songwriter.

Writing songs and following my dreams.

I want to inspire people with disabilities and show them what can be achieved

My amazing support network family, friends and Scope the disability charity have helped me get through difficult times 

I get wisdom and inspiration from YouTube videos 

Now the opportunities find me 

I love to drink a cup of masala tea

I figure out my next step, I’m happy with baby steps to achieve the big picture

I am now adept at coming back something with a fresh pair of eyes. 

I have achieved fantastic things. 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster

A poem about young women Jess

There was a young lady called Jess

Who loved the play chess

Jess was the best chess player in the UK

As was blessed with being able to play chess 

Jess is brain was able to visualise a chessboard and where the chess pieces could go 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Both very fantastic poems @Globster, particularly the first one that you've entered into a competition. Have you always been passionate about poetry? 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    edited September 2020
    @Ross_Scope
    No, I only got into poetry after one friend suggested I should join a creative class he was at?
    But now I can't stop writing own poetry @Ross_Scope now every day I am writing four and new poems at day Ross

• Globster

Hello 

I have just written this poem for another local poetry writing competition 

Poem called teenagers dream called May

A young  teenager called May

May learnt to play football

After she could crawl.

May grow up to be so tall.

As she learnt dribbling with ball at her feet. 

May was able to beat defenders with her quick feet.

May found her way style to  play football.

May knew that it going take lot a hard work to become a footballer.

May had hard work attitude to succeed

She knew that she would suffer downfalls a long and disappointments on her journey.

ay stayed focused and had clear plan for making her dream a reality.

May used her mistakes as learning process to becoming a better footballer.

She work her way through local girls football leagues. 

Where May was spotted by football scouts, who were no doubt May had a talented as a footballer. 

Scouts kept calling dad who was called Noel, became May’s agent.

May’s dad was patiently wait and watched for the prefect club for his daughter to further her footballing career.

May’s dad and mum both shed tears when May signed her first professional footballing contacts with Arsenal ladies.

May’s season with Arsenal ladies she was able to helped them to the group stages of woman's champions league and helped Arsenal win league title too.

As May’s career as a footballer grows and becoming a fantastic footballer had come so true.

May only thought it would right to set football foundation to help disadvantaged teenagers  way to achieving dreams of becoming a professional footballer. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Great poem, I love football @Globster :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster

A poem about a young man Chris who loved to play cricket

A young man called Chris who loved to play cricket. 

As Chris able to stand tall and hit the ball for four. 

As he was able scoreboard move fast as he fours and sixes. 

Which the bowlers other unsure where to  bowl to Chis 

As Chris played crisp drives shots and pull shots which wisped the boundary ropes.

I appreciate to hear your views on the poem I am up with 

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s a nice poem @globster full of action! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Globster
    Hello 
    Poem about childhood sweetheart Phil and Jill
    A young man Phill and feel for a young beautiful woman called Jill
    As Phill and Gill were childhood sweetheart as they were never apart from other.
    Phil and Jill got married on Christmas moring blankets snow were falling
    It was a beautiful scene as Phil and Jill both looked pristine-looking  

• Chloe_Scope
    Great stuff @Globster
    Scope

• Globster

Poem a young woman Jade

A young woman called Jade

Who was handy with a spade

As she lay her vegetable patch 

Jade was green-fingered 

• Cher_Alumni
    Brilliant @Globster :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Globster
    A poem about young Claire
    There was a young woman called Claire
    Who was look past her wheelchair
    As Claire had people stair
    As Claire did not care 

• Globster
    A poem about young women called Cher
    A woman called Cher met young man called Perry
    Perry loved  Cher glistening eyes 
    As a young man called Perry had a surprise for the young beautiful  women called Cher

• Cher_Alumni
    @Globster  Ahhh you've made my day  <3  Thank you!! 

• Globster
    @Cher_Scope
    I am glad you like the poem Cher 
    The poem just flow of my mind Cher 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.