A new poem - Page 22 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A new poem

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A poem about a young man called Jon
    A young man Jon won burn for his son.
    Jon like going for a run before the sun began to rise in his eyes
    His eyes were dries
    He relies on his wise little head 
    Which helped him lookahead the marafun running 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A young women called Liz
    She was a wiz sewing machine 
    As Liz made stitch work which she sold online and gave the money she made to charity 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Options
    Thank you poem to scope online community 
    The online scope community are fantastic and me get past many difficult times and help offered some fantastic advice 
    it also a fantastic opportunity for me to meet some fantastic people 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Globster said:
    Thank you poem to scope online community 
    The online scope community are fantastic and me get past many difficult times and help offered some fantastic advice 
    it also a fantastic opportunity for me to meet some fantastic people 
    Love this. It's great to see your poems back :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    A poem about young women called Meg
    A young women Meg
    She saw the colour red 
    Which led Meg to go bed
    Meg rang the doctor for some advice on why she seeing red
    Meg was asked to rest for some time and she was fine after some time 

• Globster
    edited March 2021
    Options
    A poem about young man called Zack 
    A young man called Zack 
    He bought a new MacBook 
    As Zack had a nack of making drawing on his Mac 

• Globster
    Options

Hello to the Scope community

I hope you are and safe and  having a wonderful day

I have just written a poem for the free magazine who looking for different examples of creative work for magazine and have told to won't be able to pay me for my work but I am not worried that at the moment I just want to inspire others and allow a wider audience see poetry writing talent I have 

Poem about a young man called Dray achieving his ambitions 

A young man  called Dray 

He had a disability didn't let that  Dray did not stop following his ambitions.

Dray kept telling me I can and will achieve my ambitions.

Dray knew set back are all part of the journey to learning craft.

Dray had a passion for writing his songs.

He had longed to prove to people that he could achieve anything.

The songs he wrote how over changes and barriers in his life 

He worked at the craft of his songwriter each.

He loves to play with words to see which words best fitted his songs

Dray to publish his songs on his youtube channel

But after months of hard work, his videos started getting followers on his channel.

Which numbers steadily grew to f level; the hard work he had put in to build the brand had to start paying off.

He inspired many people to follow their ambitions, does not matter the times you fall. it is all about how to get up off the floor and try again till you succeed at achieving your ambitions-whatever they may be  

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely poem @Globster, delighted that you are getting your work out to an even wider audience :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Moring to all online scope community 
    I hope all well and safe and have wonderful day?
      It is a wonderful day outside with the sun shining
    I have just found an opportunity to get my poetry on my local  radio station might give it a go 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @Globster :) I'm well thanks, I hope you are too? 

That's a great idea! Go for it. Is it part of a competition? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    I am doing great thank @Tori_Scope
    It is a competition lucky few get the poem on local radio 

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Do you know which poem you might choose to enter @Globster? Best of luck :) 

• Globster
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Hello Tori I might even recite a new positive cerebral poem I have just written a new poem one I would appreciate hearing what you think?

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    I really liked that one @Globster! A good choice I think :) 

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster - Hope you're having another lovely day today?

I can see that you've been busy with some more poetry. I really enjoyed reading the last one that you wrote for the magazine - thanks for sharing!

The radio competition sounds like a great idea as well! Particularly if you get the chance to perform your entry as a spoken word recital? 

I look forward to reading the poem that you're planning to submit :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options

Do not feel you are alone at this time 

I feel it is fantastic to see the people pull together to combat the coronavirus

For many people it may be a bad time for you and your family, we will pray to God to give you the strength to get through this dark time in your life 

For every day we thank God for giving us extra life to live and making memories with our family members and friends 

I feel it important to keep your spirits up by doing things you love that make you happy

Care and support each other through this difficult time 

Use your in strength to keep your thoughts positive although I know that is hard

Let your words put a smile on someone’s face 

Take care of our elderly people and do a good turn for them and god will look down on you 

Yes, we can get through this together as a nation.

Hello to the scope community I have submitted this poem to my local radio station for the competition 

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    That's fab, @Globster

I love the line, 'Let your words put a smile on someone's face'  :)

Thank you for sharing. It's another great poem and I hope it does really well in your local radio station competition!
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Caz_Scope
    Hello, Cape-Scope I appreciate your words of support and I have fingers crossed that poem hopeful get my local radio station to Caz-Scope.
    I hope you have a wonderful day to @Caz_Scope

• Globster
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello scope online community 
    I have added my first drawing to my poetry writing 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.