Bathing

robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Empowering
edited October 2021 in Benefits and income
Good morning all. hope you're all well? please could you give me some advice I've been seen by the OToOT she has me has  ordered a recliner chair bath. the problem is  my bath is very small and shallow which may be a little bit difficult to be able to stretch out and relax my muscles as I have CP arthritis ideally I would like to have a mini walk-in  bath as I live in a council flat the council May say it's a little expensive I don't know I'm just assuming anyway I would like to ask for advice. if I could afford to buy the mini walk in bath. with the the council offer me and Grant help with the finances on plumbing Henry decorating my bathroom very much appreciated if I could have some advice and where to go and what to do  because I am finding it difficult and getting in and out of bath a walk-in shower would be no good for me and I do need to do that in all water thank you for your support have a good day Jacqueline

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Empowering
    Hi @robinhood8, nice to meet you  :)i think your local council will be able to help you, someone will post you some links soon and they wiil help you with who to contact etc, im still learning but ill have a look on internet now for you  :)
  • robinhood8
    Thank you so much for your advice have a good day  o:)
  • katho31
    aww thank you  :) best wishes and good luck, im still looking for advice for you, i wont forget  o:)
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Contributor
    Contact your local council. There are a number of tradesmen who can help you- ask the council for details or look online. As always check all references carefully and get four or five names to email or call. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi @robinhood8 I think I gave you some advice on your other thread ?
  • robinhood8
    Any advice would be most grateful and a grantt regarding a walk in tub

• Chloe_Alumni
    Chloe_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 10,510 Championing
    Hi @robinhood8, here is how you can search for available grants in your area. :)
  • robinhood8
    Thank you so must  will let you know  how i get on 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,668 Championing
    Just want to wish you luck, as I have severe arthritis in both knees waiting on 2 knee replacements so it’s a nightmare getting in and out the bath, hope you get it sorted. 
  • robinhood8
    So do I I know it's going to be a long legged wait but if don't ask you'll bever kown
  • katho31
    best wishes  :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,121 Championing
    Hi @robinhood8

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51