Applying to Upper Tribunal directly after FTT reject leave to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying to Upper Tribunal directly after FTT reject leave to appeal

cat_hug
cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
Hi Everybody
Wondered if anybody can advise how I ask the UT directly for permission for leave to appeal to UT?
Is it possible to do this online, in the same way that I appealed at FTT? I have the formal rejection from FTT to my request so want to ask the UT now.

Is there a link or portal where you start this process? Ive found an online UT1 form but it doesn't seem to allow me to save the document, nor is it in PDF form.

These probably seem like really stupid questions to people who are more tech savvy than me (which is probably most people to be fair :-)

I'm just getting a bit worried as I'm going to be away for a bit and won't easily have access to the paper copies of documents, only stuff Ive scanned onto my laptop, so I'm worried about time constraints if it isn't possible to do it online.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone

Best wishes

Catx

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Cat_hug, sorry I can't offer you any advice on this, as I have no knowledge of this subject whatsoever but I just wanted to wish you all the best with it, I hope you have a favourable outcome. 
  • cat_hug
    Thank you so much @Oxonlady. It's really kind of you to take the time to message; even if you can't answer my query its still uplifting to know there are people out there who are so lovely and supportive. So once again, thank you. Have a great week-end.

Hugs,
    Cat X
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Can we assume your appeal to the FTT failed? and if so is your appeal to the UT going to be on a point of law?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cat_hug
    Yes and yes. The error in law is that the tribunal incorrectly applied the law with regard to descriptor (9?) Social interaction.
    They applied the descriptor as though in a transactional situation, or rather, viewed on their perception of my dealing with professionals/medical staff and not in social interaction (ie making new friendships/sustaining ongoing social relationships etc)

The DWP had also awarded no points for tgat descriptor as the hcp had said I did not seem anxious, maintained eye contact, interacted well etc.

The tribunal used the same parameters in their statement of reasons to reject my appeal. Ergo, error in law

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.