Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My eldest child is currently going through diagnosis for ASD

emg5emg5 Member Posts: 4 Listener
My name is Emma, I've just joined the community. I have 2 children and my eldest is currently going through diagnosis for ASD.

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emg5 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for joining, Emma. How have you been managing over recent months, & has it slowed down the process of looking at ASD in your eldest child?
  • emg5emg5 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you :)
    Yes it has, we had our appointment in January with paediatrician and were waiting on a school observation then we should have got the diagnosis. However due to lockdown we're now in a holding position as we still need the school observation before they can proceed. 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emg5 - I hope the paediatrician was helpful, & hope it won't be too long until the school observation. If your child is on the pathway to getting a diagnosis, just to let you know Scope can give parents great support with their 'Navigate' programme. Here's the link so you can have a look: https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate/   Hope this may help. :)

• emg5emg5 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you, I have just started the navigate programme, had my first chat today. They were the ones to point me in the direction of this community :) 
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    @emg5

Good Afternoon it’s great to see that you have already meet @chairieds

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We are all here to help/support any new members.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,204 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us here . . Its unfortunate for you the delay in getting a diagnosis but hope when schools are back up and running you dont have to wit too long 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Hello and welcome to the community @emg5! It's great to see you here. 

You might find the Parents and Carers section of the community valuable, as you can connect with other parents experiencing similar situations. You might also like to browse through some of the discussions under the Autism and Aspergers category. 

I hope you're enjoying exploring the community so far? Let us know if there's anything we can help you with :)
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.