Is it possible to withdraw my appeal? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it possible to withdraw my appeal?

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,114 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again @Dipsydee - should the DWP challenge a tribunal's decision, they would have to do exactly the same as you (should you challenge it), & have to find an error of law in order to proceed. They'd similarly have to request from HMCTS a 'statement of reasons,' & a 'record of proceedings' in order to try & find such an error in law.
    You can appeal, & cancel at any time without any problem.
  • Dipsydee
    Dipsydee Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Thanks again. Sorry again too. Every answer brings another question. So do DWP only get the actual "result/decision" from HMCTS regarding the hearing, not the "record of proceedings" of the hearing.Obviously DWP know this information if they attended the hearing. Thank you again.
  • chiarieds
    edited October 2023
    Options
    The DWP will get the tribunal's decision the same as a claimant. There's very rarely anyone from the DWP present. Like a claimant if they disagreed with the tribunal's decision, then they would have to ask HMCTS for the 'record of proceedings' & the 'statement of reasons' to see if there's any error in law without which neither the claimant nor the DWP could appeal to an Upper tribunal. Don't worry about asking questions, it's absolutely fine. :)
  • Dipsydee
    Options
    Thank you so much. You have been a great help.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    You're most welcome :)
  • Dipsydee
    Options
    Hi. I have applied for a tribunal hearing and have a question. I was awarded standard on both on review and M.R but i think i should have got enhanced on both (i did submit gp and consultant letters confirming my poor mobility and pain etc). If I get a call from dwp making an offer prior to hearing and I don't agree with it, but I accept it and still appeal. Will any increase (if awarded) be backdated to the original appeal or the second appeal.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,403 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dipsydee said:
    Hi. I have applied for a tribunal hearing and have a question. I was awarded standard on both on review and M.R but i think i should have got enhanced on both (i did submit gp and consultant letters confirming my poor mobility and pain etc). If I get a call from dwp making an offer prior to hearing and I don't agree with it, but I accept it and still appeal. Will any increase (if awarded) be backdated to the original appeal or the second appeal.
    If DWP make an offer (though it’s rare) then you can accept that offer and your current appeal will lapse. 

Wait for the award to be put into payment and then you can request another Tribunal. If the Tribunal award in your favour then you’ll be owed the difference from when the original decision took place because it will be that decision they are looking at. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dipsydee
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.