Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP for ADHD, Anxiety, Depression.
Hi I'm just writing to see if anyone on here can feed me some information on PIP decisions after a telephone assessment. I have currently completed my telephone assessment 3 weeks ago and awaiting decision. I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 7 and attended a special school. I also had to attend a regedential programme for 12 weeks for my ADHD to be assessed by pyscharatrists because my behaviour and moods where hard on my mother. I currently don't take any medication for it as it made me very sick in the past and lost a lot of weight due to it. As I've grew up through adult hood I have tried to attempt suicide and been diagnosed with anxiety and depression from i was 18. I am now 24. I still live at home with my mum who does everything for me and I feel like I'm becoming a burden. I currently take citalopram for depression but still have really bad days. I have found it very hard in the past to hold down jobs due to my ADHD and anxiety. I totally rely on my mother for support.. Just want to see if there is anyone on here who has been awarded PIP for something similar. After my assessment the assessor informed me that my claim looked strong and they had all the information they needed from my doctor regarding my conditions but this doesn't make me feel comfortable cause I have seen so many people saying they've been let down by the assessor claiming it was lies. Be appreciated for some info on this.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.