Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is wizard and I have a question about finding housing in Bridgend.
We are looking for a house to rent in the Bridgend area for our daughter and her two children, two of the family are autistic and we are carers for them - the rents seem to be very high and out of reach for them, we are due to move in a few weeks to a bungalow there and we are desperate to find something for her and her children - can anyone help us to find cheaper housing or recommend something. The council are not interested unless she's homeless even though they are disabled.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.