Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
My eight year old son is having issues at school controlling his emotions, he's lashing out and throwing things at other children and staff, he also refuses to do as asked and is sometimes having to be physically moved from class, he has some mild body awareness and a NHS occupational therapist says he craves deep pressure. Has anyone had any experience of dealing and helping thier child with this as he's close to being kicked out of school/being taken out of school. We are waiting for a qb test as a consultant thinks he has adhd but wouldn't diagnose and I know adhd and sensory issues can go together. Thank you for any advice.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.