Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My eight year old son is having issues at school controlling his emotions, he's lashing out and throwing things at other children and staff, he also refuses to do as asked and is sometimes having to be physically moved from class, he has some mild body awareness and a NHS occupational therapist says he craves deep pressure. Has anyone had any experience of dealing and helping thier child with this as he's close to being kicked out of school/being taken out of school. We are waiting for a qb test as a consultant thinks he has adhd but wouldn't diagnose and I know adhd and sensory issues can go together. Thank you for any advice.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.