What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is there any other benefits I can claim?

BNealeBNeale Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have just had an amputation below the knee I already get attendance allowance is there any other benefits I can claim

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and wlecome,

I'm sorry to hear that. As you are at least state pension age then you maybe able to claim pension credit with the severe disability premium  added but claiming this will depend on your circumstances. You must live alone or classed as living alone and no one must be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of universal Credit for looking after you.

There's also council tax reduction, if you're not already claiming it.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,157 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about your amputation 

I too am an amputee and has been 3 years since I lost my leg 

I hope you are ok I know it's hard to adjust so you are welcome to ask me anything if I can help 
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,967 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BNeale - welcome to the community from me too. I hope your query has been answered, & I'm pleased you've 'met' Jane, who will understand what you've gone through. Please say if you have any other questions, & let us know how you're getting on. :)
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome too the community @BNeale! I'm sorry to hear about your amputation, do you have much support around you?

I hope you find this a helpful space to get advice and get to know others in a similar situation. 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @BNeale :) It's great to have you with us. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.