Pip review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you can fill out the form for her but she will need to sign it, unless you're her appointee.

Well, the award was extended yes but as i advised, this doesn't mean her award still isn't due for review. It just means that if the decision takes longer than usual her award is extended just incase this happens. Although any decision made on this review will overrule her current award and she'll receive a new award length of time, if successfully awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    @poppy123456 thankyou I will keep updating you because I know it helps other people. 
  • pee14
    leeCal said:
    My pip was to run until march 2021 but I’ve had a letter extending it until October 2021, so 7 months extension. However having read around it I’m expecting a review letter sooner rather than later. I also reach retirement age in March 2021 so that’s an added complication for me anyway.
    @leeCal
    Hi have you had your review form yet? My mum got hers today.
  • pee14
    edited November 2020
    @poppy123456
    @janer1967
    Silly question at this stage of the pandemic but do you know how long reviews are taking ?also do the assessors look at your last report to help them make a decision?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The wait all depends on backlog in your area there are no set timescales 

They usually make a decision on current evidence as there may have been changes since last report 
  • pee14
  • poppy123456
    Even under normal times, there's never any timescales for any decision.

For my daughters last PIP review, she had a paper based assessment and they did look at the previous assessment report because it was mentionedin the PA5 (paper based) assessment report. Although regardless of whether they look or not, all claims should be classed as a new claim by all claimants, which is why i advised putting as much information as possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pee14
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    There's not much space for everything so can I use a seperate piece of aswel ?
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    This time , we haven't any evidence about her osteoarthritis , to be honest I didn't want to contact the doctor for it , due to all they have to deal with with covid 19 , will they contact her Gp if they need more info?
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    Poppy can I ask ,has your daughter just been reviewed ? If so how long did it take? 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Yes, use extra paper if needed but make sure you add her name and NI number to everything you send, including all evidence.

No, they rarely contact anyone. It's the claimants responsibility to make sure they send any evidence to prove they qualify, not their's.

My daughters review was over a year ago but there's no timescales for any decision's. Backlog are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
  • pee14
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    Hi do I photo copy the letter from me or can I just send the one iv written?
  • poppy123456
    You should always keep a copy of everything you send.
  • pee14
    @poppy123456
    Hi poppy can you please help where it says on the form things to send things not to send, on the not to send it states do not send support letter from Gp ,do I ignore it and still send one because the GP has more input on mums osteoarthritis , or could I put no letter from Gp because states not to send from Gp?
  • poppy123456
    The reason they ask not to send them is because a GP will very rarely know exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors so any letter is unlikely to help. Although as you have it anyway there's no harm in sending it if you think it will help. Although regarding evidence, less is often more and sending too much isn't going to help, especially if the evidence doesn't give any information.
  • pee14
    edited November 2020
    @poppy123456 Brill I think il leave it out , and just send her care plan ,thankyou ? 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Don't forget to add those recent real world examples for each descriptor that applies to her because it's your/her ancedotal evidence that is the most important thing.
  • pee14
    @poppy123456 will do ,thankyou so much 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.