Do you want to learn something new?
Over the next couple of weeks (17 October to 1 November 2020) the annual Family Learning Festival is taking place.
This is a special event that celebrates learning and hopes to inspire a love of learning in family life.
What are the benefits of learning?
Learning is a life-long activity that has different benefits.
Families can make memories and bond when learning new things together. While the Family Learning Festival webpage says learning:
Learning as an adult also has its positives. It helps us explore the world around us and makes us more confident, critical thinkers. Plus, through learning we can meet new people with similar interests and potentially make new friends.
How can I learn from home?
Most of us have more time on our hands since lockdown making this a good time to take up learning if it’s been a while since you last tried.
If you have an internet connection and device, you are ready to go from the comfort of your own home!
You might want to:
- Browse these online events to try arts and crafts, languages and dance routines.
- Take a beginners British Sign Language course and pay what you can afford.
- Choose from a wide range of free books and education journals and read to your hearts content.
- Complete a short online course in a subject of your choice.
- Take a virtual tour of a famous museum.
Thinking about learning:
- Do you do any online learning? If so, how do you find it?
- What one thing would you like to learn more about?
- Do you plan on learning anything new in the future?
Leave us your comments below
Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.