Thinking of turning written poetry writing it a YouTube channel - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking of turning written poetry writing it a YouTube channel

Options

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                          I hope that you are well. I think this is a fantastic idea and wish you all the best with it. I look forward to viewing the channel. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @WestHam06
    I am fantastic thank you 
    I hope you and your family are well too @WestHam06
    I am just busy thinking about my logo and name for my youtube channel
    but I will definitely post the link to my youtube when I have finalised everything

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello to Scope online community 
    I only have one worry about starting my own YouTube will my disability benefits in anyway 
    I look forward to receiving advice from the scope online 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it the monetisation side of it you're worried about @Globster
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    yes, it is the monetisation side I am considered about?

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Would you be looking to monetise your channel @Globster? My understanding is that it's something you have to apply for, rather than something you automatically get enrolled in, and that there are criteria you have to meet in order to be eligible. You can read a bit about it on YouTube's website. It might also be difficult to earn much from it at the start too, while you build up your views and so on, so it may not be something you'll need to worry about right away. 

What benefits are you on? 

You can also use a benefits calculator (Turn2Us) to see how any earnings might affect your benefit payments I believe.

• Globster
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    I will am in receipt of the disability living allowances and pip 

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    PIP isn't means tested, so I don't think that would be a problem @Globster :) 

• Globster
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    I am receipt disability living allowance benefit would this be affected in any way but I am glad to hear that it would pip benefit any way@ Tori_Scope I appreciate all your help and advice.
    I am struggling to choose with poem should be the first poem I should recite on my youtube channel because I have so many great poems to choose from

• Globster
    Options
    Hello Scope online community
    Please see my logo created for my youtube channel

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're making good progress with this @Globster :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • fahmida45
    fahmida45 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Globster
    Great idea to hear and go for it. Your poems are really good and should be seen by the world. It’s going really nice.
  • Globster
    Options
    @fahmida45
    thank you for your positive comments and I will definitely post the link to my YouTube channel on the scope online community once I am ready to 

• fahmida45
    fahmida45 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    @Globster

Your welcome and denfinely watch it .

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster
                         I really like the logo, I hope that it is progressing as you would like it too. I look forward to seeing it when you feel it is ready. Thank you. 
  • Globster
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Hello Alex_Scope
    How are you at @Alex_Scope
    I looking to set up a poetry youtube channel up would I need to set new Gmail account?
    Do you reckon my voice memo would be worked to get poetry on a youtube channel? 
    Do recon people with people only voice poetry channel and no face will work or not@Alex_Scope

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster I don't think you would need a new gmail, unless it helps you to organise and keep things separate :) 

And I don't see why voice only poetry wouldn't work, I know there's all sorts of different creative channels on YouTube- so I'd encourage you to go for it, if it's something you'd really like to do. It's clear you've got such a passion for it and that's wonderful to see. 

I would say though, that if you're after a large following, that takes a lot of work and regular content, but if it's something fun for yourself, then there's no need to pressure yourself to constantly make videos. Be sure to give yourself breaks.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I appricate your advice @Alex_Scope

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome @Globster Keep us up to date with how it goes :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello Alex_Scope
    I just wanted to ask you what the best way to choose a name for my youtube poetry channel that no one else has Alex_Scope?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.