Thinking of turning written poetry writing it a YouTube channel - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking of turning written poetry writing it a YouTube channel

Options

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmm, perhaps you could put together a few ideas, and then post a poll on the community to see what people's favourite one is @Globster

Here are a couple of ideas on how to come up with a name:
    • alliteration, e.g. Ross' Rhymes
    • rhyming, e.g. Tori's Stories
    • a nickname you have
    • something that concisely sums up the types of poems you write 
    I also found this guide on coming up with a YouTube channel name on Backlinko, which you might find helpful :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,383 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello 
    I thought the name for spoken poetry youtube is going Jolley Jay's peoms
    I look forward to hearing what people think

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like Jolly Jay's Poems @Globster :) Your poems are always uplifting, so I think it's a good fit!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,383 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Hello, I hope you are well?
    Would do I need to create a banner and logo before putting my youtube channel live?
    Sorry @Alex_Scope for keep asking questions

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well, I have to agree with @Tori_Scope that name is a great fit :) And I am well thank you, I hope you are too.

And you certainly don't have to have a logo or banner, but I think it does help people to find you, and engage with your poems more than they might otherwise.

There are a lot of free tools out there which you can use, and lots of videos on Youtube which run through them. 

One I enjoy using is Canva, they have a guide you might find useful, just make sure you stick to the free content. And of course, it depends what works for you, there's a lot of options! 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello @Alex_Scope
    I am fantastic for asking @Alex_Scope

I have decided to create my own banner and channel but I appreciate your advice and help 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Excellent. Okay @Globster hope it goes alright, and don't worry about asking questions if you need to any time in the future :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Globster

Well done for creating your own banner and channel! That is amazing work. Something I would certainly struggle to do. You are really talented. I am wishing you all the best of luck with your channel. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions about this or anything else!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello Alex_Scpoe
    Do you if I want to get in trouble upload a voice memo file type with spoke poetry and add my own illustration to it on my youtube channel?

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster,
    I think you should be fine to just include your voice with illustrations etc. I know that this is often done with lyric videos for songs and also animations, too, so I can't see there being any issues.

Feel free to come back here if you need any further assistance with it, we'd be happy to help!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I just wanted to ask you whether I have created individual artwork for each of spoken poetry videos

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    It might be easier to use one piece of artwork for more than one poem @Globster, perhaps you could do ones that cover broad themes or topics?

It really depends on how much work you want to give yourself! :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I hope you hope are well?
    For my youtube channel, I was thinking of creating sun a with a smiley face and pencil and paper with scribbling like poetry writing do you would think@Alex_Scope?
    Can I change my youtube channel name before posting channel @Alex_Scope

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Globster I think you should be able to edit the name yes, the logo idea sounds fab to me :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend I hope you and your family members are safe and well the storm 
    Is it neccessary for me to create a trailor video for my youtube channel?

• Danielle_2022
    Options
    Hi there @Globster,
    I thought I'd jump in here, I hope that's okay! I would say that a trailer video isn't necessary. It would be nice if your first video could include a bit of an introduction about you, your poems & why you started writing etc. You could also include a snippet from your favourite poem (written by you), if you're comfortable with that. I think that would suffice. Congratulations on taking this step!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Danielle_2022
    Of course, I don't jump I value to advise while starting a new venture 
    do if it is allowed for post trailer video on scope online community I would love to some of the scope online community members advice

• Danielle_2022
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Globster,
    I'm not too sure about the guidelines on that in particular, I'm sure Alex will be able to provide further insight in a couple of days, but you can certainly describe what you were thinking in the meantime. I'd love to support you however I can!
  • Globster
    Options
    @Danielle_2022
    for example, if I was going set poems I sit out in the sun for first trailer

• Danielle_2022
    Options
    @Globster,
    That sounds like a wonderful idea -- and if we're being poetic about it, really points towards the positive and uplifting tone present in so much of your work. You'll be a star in no time!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.