Disability aids, equipment and technology
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Bath seat to use at my Parents?

Topic.

Would it be possible to get one, because I have problems getting in and out of a high bath at the Flat, a few years ago I had a bath seat installed, paid for by social services and the local Council, and serviced every 6 months.

Because when I come to my Parents' I have to have a shower, which I'm not the World's biggest fan of, would it be possible to somehow aquire a bath seat to use up here?

Their bath isn't as high or long as mine.

It's probably a non starter but as mentioned I hate showers.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,173 Disability Gamechanger
    I have one supplied by red cross but I'm not sure as you have one if they will supply another free 

I have seen some b4 on facebook sites or maybe Ebay 

It is always worth trying and asking the question they may let you have another but if you can use a shower as an alternative I'm not sure 

Contact them you should have a number on your paperwork 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,848 Disability Gamechanger
    What hapoend with me  in wales  i applied for two as when I came out of hospital I had a bath  seat fitted in my  house  and a portable bath board  to take to my mums or my partners  i know the rules are different in englsnd  i was also given a fold up shower / bath chair  

Sign in or join us to comment.