Bath seat to use at my Parents? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bath seat to use at my Parents?

Options
Topic.

Would it be possible to get one, because I have problems getting in and out of a high bath at the Flat, a few years ago I had a bath seat installed, paid for by social services and the local Council, and serviced every 6 months.

Because when I come to my Parents' I have to have a shower, which I'm not the World's biggest fan of, would it be possible to somehow aquire a bath seat to use up here?

Their bath isn't as high or long as mine.

It's probably a non starter but as mentioned I hate showers.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have one supplied by red cross but I'm not sure as you have one if they will supply another free 

I have seen some b4 on facebook sites or maybe Ebay 

It is always worth trying and asking the question they may let you have another but if you can use a shower as an alternative I'm not sure 

Contact them you should have a number on your paperwork 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What hapoend with me  in wales  i applied for two as when I came out of hospital I had a bath  seat fitted in my  house  and a portable bath board  to take to my mums or my partners  i know the rules are different in englsnd  i was also given a fold up shower / bath chair  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.