What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 12 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Crushed dimond console table and silver curtain pole brackets  my partner brought me a two and three seater silver crushed velvet settees  only thing left to get now is a crushed diamond fireplace with fire that changes colour and my liveing room will be completed 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,565 Disability Gamechanger
    I bought 2 new shirts, went for XXXL as I like a baggier shirt, but have to send them back as they are too small :|

My current shirts from a different brand that fit me fine are only XXL

So the new shirts that are a size bigger are smaller :D

I think it would maybe be useful if there was a standard sizing system across all brands

• mia97
    mia97 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Friends (TV Show) Colouring book - great book, and really fun to colour. The pictures are great quality. Highly recommend to any Friends fans out there?
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 520 Pioneering
    I've bought the last of my christmas presents, some Paint brushes and some model paint set for my dad as he collects and paints models as a hobby.

I also bought some nicotine patches for myself which are the lowest and last step now after quitting smoking, so I just take these for a further week and then I would of fully stopped smoking.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    My last online purchase was very mundane (but essential) as I'm moving apartments over the weekend. I purchased a set of saucepans :D....however, these types of things weirdly excite me!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    My last purchase was a new dressing gown. 
  • 66Mustang
    My last purchase was a set of screw drivers which I need to adjust the bracelet on the new watch that I just collected :smiley:
  • Libby_Alumni
    @MarkM88 that's a great online purchase, especially given the temperatures at the moment!! I need a new dressing gown. I've had my M&S one for years and I think I will end up getting the same one again as it's lasted me so long :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Libby_Alumni
    66Mustang said:
    My last purchase was a set of screw drivers which I need to adjust the bracelet on the new watch that I just collected :smiley:
    How exciting @66Mustang! Did you manage to adjust the bracelet okay? :)
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang said:
    How exciting @66Mustang! Did you manage to adjust the bracelet okay? :)
    Not yet - the screw drivers are on their way and should be here today! I'm sure it will go OK, though :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    I bought 6 new led light bulbs last night.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    We just took delivery of a big treat for Christmas, a Christmas cake from Fortnum and Mason. The Christmas Cake is usually a big part of our Christmas and we usually get it from a “posh” shop like Waitrose or M&S. Surprisingly, this cake was no more expensive than a Waitrose cake, albeit it is smaller, but that’s how we justified it. We are really looking forward to it :)
  • woodbine
    We bought an M&S xmas last month only to find out a few days later that our neighbour is making one for us 

• 66Mustang
    edited December 2021
    @woodbine that happened to us a few times, in the past though not a neighbour. We used to get one most years but not all, but never liked to assume so always bought one as well. Sadly the person is quite a bit older now and no longer able to make their cakes which always went down really well.
  • 66Mustang
    Have some Christmas money and am thinking about buying a decent pair of headphones after using the cheaper ones for a few years.

Any recommendations? I don't really listen to music, mostly videos/podcasts/audiobooks so something that is good for spoken voice.
  • rish
    rish Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    66Mustang said:
    Have some Christmas money and am thinking about buying a decent pair of headphones after using the cheaper ones for a few years.

Any recommendations? I don't really listen to music, mostly videos/podcasts/audiobooks so something that is good for spoken voice.
    I got the Bose 700 headphones free with my new phone. They are pretty good :)
  • rish
    rish Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    I last bought a tunic.
  • woodbine
    I'm seriously thinking of buying a new laptop that has no access to scope !

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    66Mustang said:

I have always found Sennheiser to be good quality, depends how much you want to spend I suppose
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Last thing I bought ( today) was some pieces of Poole Pottery

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.