Hi, my name is cupoftea! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cupoftea!

cupoftea
cupoftea Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everyone I am very nervous. Never joined a group before. But I feel I need too 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @cupoftea and welcome to our online community. 

Well done you for making this first step in posting.  It can feel a little daunting can't it, but I promise you are in safe hands.  We are a lovely bunch, even if I do say so myself.

How are you getting on?  Is everything ok?  If you are worried about anything please do let us know so we can be a support for you  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Please feel free to have a look around the community and maybe visit to lounge where people like to chat about various things.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupoftea
    I needed to reach out to someone. I have been scope web site many times but today I thought I am going to do it. While I feel able.
    It was a post about the person unable to get to see a GP. The person getting stressed  

• cupoftea
    I dont feel so alone just saw how many new people joined today
  • Cher_Alumni
    @cupoftea No problem, are you talking about this post from earlier today? Did it resonate with how you're feeling?  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    cupoftea said:
    I dont feel so alone just saw how many new people joined today
     <3 It's warming my heart seeing all the new people join.  You definitely aren't alone.

Have you visited our virtual coffee lounge yet?  It's a lovely space for some light-hearted chat and company.  

• cupoftea
    Hi to all  the new members Who like me joined today. It’s a bit late in the evening But wanted to say Hello. I will come on again tomorrow. I have a few Questions about PIP and ESA.
    I am struggling to find answers. So I am not alone I am unable to sleep properly I am awake during the night but sleep in during the daytime. I quess thats what Depression, anxiety arthritic pain will do to a person 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure there will be someone that can advise you with any questions you have regarding about PIP and ESA. I personally have a lot of benefit knowledge and would be happy to help.

We are a friendly community so please post back anytime and feel free to join in any discussions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupoftea
    Hi Poppy123456
    I hope I will be able to chat with you tomorrow regarding Pip and ESA. I can’t struggle with the lack of communication from the above Benefits on my own any more. It’s so soul destroying 
    I have been tearful after the conversation with Pip Adviser. However I feel more secure knowing someone will listen to me now. I will be back on tomorrow 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @cupoftea Have a good night's rest and be safe in the knowledge that we'll be around tomorrow to help :) 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cupoftea :) Lovely to meet you and welcome to the community. 

This is a super friendly and supportive place so I'm sure you'll fit in nicely. What you have to say will be carefully listened to and responded to, so any time you feel like asking for advice about your benefits, or anything else, feel free :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupoftea - welcome to this friendly & supportive community, & thank you for joining. You will be in very safe hands with the knowledge that Poppy has about benefits, as she has helped countless members that join Scope.
    In this group we all support each other, & you are no exception. Any questions, just ask away, & members will do their very best to help or advise. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.