Temporary absence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Temporary absence

hass Member Posts: 137 Courageous
Hi all
Hope your well? 
I need assistance I've been advised by my 
Gp to temporary register with gp  in the area I'm in since lockdown. As I could not survive in my flat in London due to harassment. 
I'm concerned about my ESA if I do this. 
As I worried about Gp  in London mentioning this report. 
I do have a Sociolotor but she is not sympathetic 
Pls help I've really had enough of everything. 
It's very hard living with parents especially my mum. 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,473 Disability Gamechanger

    You should inform DWP of any change of address I know this is temp but it could affect your claim especially if you are living with people as opposed to single claim 

    Changing gp will not affect anything but again I would report it 

    Before you do anything I would get expert advice from CAB or welfare rights 

    I understand it can be difficult living with parents again but be grateful they are around and you have family support 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.