Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Offer your input on appealing decisions on home adaptations

Grace_ScopeGrace_Scope Member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi all,

If you have disagreed with your Local authority's decision about your home adaptations we would love to hear from you. 

We are writing a new webpage about "Appealing decisions on Home adaptations." Please get in touch with me at [email protected] or reply to this post if you would be willing to help us with this. We will send you a £30 voucher as a thank you for your time. 

It would involve speaking with us briefly about your experience, and reading the content we have written and providing your feedback. The session will last approximately 45 minutes, you will remain anonymous. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 


  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,430 Disability Gamechanger
    There's still time to get involved with this, please get in contact if you are interested :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • GarzaGarza Member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    i am not sure if it is relevent but the only experience of this I have is dealing with my council and adaptions to my council property
  • dkb123dkb123 Member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    The Disability Facilities Fund is held by all Councils and It is discretionary which means that any works can be considered that is proposed to make life easier for disabled people in their homes, there are no works that are out of scope, it is available for all residents whoever their landlord is, and can be asked for by anyone connected to the property, 

    Mostly this is an Occupational Therapist, employed by the Council but it can be any O/T. 

    A lot of the time this works very well but it is a problem if there is a dispute between the disabled person and the O/T as to the best choice of aids to adaptions needed.

    I have come across some very distressing cases when the O/T is not acting in the best interests of the person but in the interests of the funding authority, under the mistaken belief that it  is the Councils money they are saving 
    This shouldn't be the case as the funds are supplied by the government and not ringfenced.

    The Foundations Organisation can help in these matters and I have found them very useful.
  • dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 68 Courageous
    I was told these funds weren’t available in Scotland? 
Sign in or join us to comment.