What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP/ESA/SDP eligibility

Hi, I've been searching the message boards for a few days, trying to find if anyone else had the same issue as me:
I was contacted by the dwp at the start of this month to say that they may be underpaying me and that I should call.

I currently receive income based ESA (support group) and PIP at the standard rate for both mobility and care however on the phone call they mentioned SDP (which was the first I had heard of it) and asked whether I would like to apply... Of course I applied there and then but I've been confused with letters I've recieved, as I was recently awarded PIP for a longer time and I don't know whether that triggered a letter about my esa payments, with no mention about sdp, or that they decided I wasn't entitled.

What I'd like to know is whether being eligible, in terms of benefits recieved, means I would definitely get the premium, or whether they would use other factors to decide?

Thank you in advance for your answers, I've seen how helpful these boards can be. 

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.