What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    It was steak and scampi 

Had some crayfish and pieces of coffee and walnut cake at the coast as well 
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Nicetomeetyou22 Community member Posts: 1,880 Empowering
    Sounds nice @janer1967 I'm waiting on my tea now I'm having Chinese 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Meatballs, chips and veg.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    not sure yet I might add some cream and spices to the leftover lamb from yesterdays roast and make a curry with rice or make a lasagne - im in a cooking mood these days 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,050 Championing
    Had a tuna toasty but I fancy some chips some dirty greacy chips lol, not walking to chippy, and the Chinese is close by but hygiene ratings not great, there not same as chippy tho,  do you remember when chinese chips used to be big fat proper chips, now they just fry frozen ones.
  • janer1967
    Jacket potato and tuna and coleslaw 

I think only chippy do proper chips everywhere else seem to use frozen . The old ones cooked in proper beef fat yummy 
  • Sandy_123
    Yes beef fat chips are nice they do them at black Country living museum  the que is down the street
  • Geegeenumber1
    Had a fresh cream slice those things should be illegal they those delicious 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Ended up one of those days yesterday so we just had chicken qieves and chips out of the freezer

I'm making Beef cobbler today x
  • Geegeenumber1
    Kiev and chips sounds nice

I'm having thai red curry from bighams first time trying them v expensive but was reduced 
  • SueHeath
    Glad you spelt it right @Geegeenumber1 couldn't for the life of me remember how Kiev was spelt ha ha 

Is Bighams a shop xx
  • Geegeenumber1
    Spelled Kiev right? I think they were gonna change it because of the war

Bigham do expensive ready meals this was meant to be about 8 pound I got it for 3 meant to be v nice we will see 
  • SueHeath
    Oh right not heard of that one before - hope you enjoy it - can you freeze any thats left over xx
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Cottage Pie.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,399 Championing
    Soup with herb bread,it's definitely soup weather today.
  • Sandy_123
    I'm in 2 minds as the chip van comes today and I havnt used it for a long time, if not got fish in freezer that i could defrost and do oven chips
  • janer1967
    Lamb chops and cauliflower and brocoli cheese 
  • janer1967
    I like quiche @Teddybear12 do you make your own ? Often thought of making it as I like the deep filled ones that you can get at little shops the supermarket ones just are not the same 
  • Geegeenumber1
    ooooh love quiche, what kind are you having?

Yes a lot lack flavour I think. I want to make a pie this week but I've got ready rolled puff pastry.

Got some mushrooms to use up

Tonight I need to use leftover lamb dunno whether to make curry or have it with pots and veg and gravy etc 

Having a beer while I decide

HJad a lovely day - been chatting to my lovely new neighbours and been given my first case  a work!!!!!!!! so exciting
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    That does sound like an exciting day @Geegeenumber1 I'm pleased for you!

I don't think there's anything wrong with ready rolled puff pastry, it makes things a lot easier, but I can understand that homemade pastry might taste better :)

If I were making the choice I'd go for potatoes, veg and gravy with the lamb, but a curry sounds equally yummy...