What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Ha ha bless you @Biblioklept yep don't forget with cooking it's all about weight/spoonful/qauntaty/tasting/timings there can be an art to cooking, i tend to forget how difficult it can be for people, probably because i have been doing it for so long.
    Yep eldest son and daughter in law, don't have children that's why they get treated to the Roast lamb dinner, off Mom and Dad, it's like a Dinner party when we feed just adults, the best crocks come out ha ha x
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Chicken dinner.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Only me today so might be pie and mash 
  • janer1967
    Hi @Teddybear12 thank you for asking toby has bounced back and getting out there again . He is no longer contacting the gf and has come to the realisation he was being used to get back at her ex and when it didn't work she was no longer interested in him 

Something I tried to tell him but of course they have to find out the hard way 

He isn't having a lot to do with the 2 so called friends he seems to be spending time in a group of 4 all of which have been there for him and they keeping him busy 
  • janer1967
    Wondering where our friend @Ada is hiding hope she is OK 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Brunch! @Ada, are you ok? I hope you are ok. If you need anything please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 675 Pioneering
    Experimental Smoked Salmon Risotto followed by a slice of homemade orange and apricot cake. It looks horrid (quite apt for Halloween, I might give the kids a slice when they call round, it will scare them to death), but thankfully it tastes ok!  One of these days I will stick to the actual Risotto recipe, then it won't be experimental anymore - it won't be as much fun, either!
  • bg844
    Pulled Pork wraps.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,032 Championing
    I'm undecided today ill decide later
  • janer1967
    Cauliflower,  potato and green bean curry with nan bread 
  • Sandy_123
    Having frozen steak pie with oven chips
    I usually make my own pies but my son bought some frozen ones, so will give them a try
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 675 Pioneering
    Beef Bourguignon ready meal
  • SueHeath
    Were not feeling hungry at the moment, so decided to have frankfurter hot dogs on crusty part bakes x
  • Sandy_123
    Well that frozen pie was a very 2nd to 1 of mine, so will be on the shopping list. 
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 743 Pioneering
    edited October 2022
    @janer1967, I hope you mean Naan bread, and that you are not mixing an elderly relative into your bread dough?
    I am, rather unsuccessfully, trying a Jamie Oliver one-pot recipe (which takes 2 pots!)
  • SueHeath
    Sounds like your one-pot recipe didn't work @Siwheels73 what did you try? 
  • bg844
    Chicken & Bacon pie.
  • janer1967
    Chicken kiev and cauliflower cheese
  • SueHeath
    Nothing from scratch today, so see what we fancy out of the freezer later x
  • Sandy_123
    Sausage sandwhich