Depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression

angiecxx
angiecxx Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi everyone. I hope you are all well and having a nice weekend. So the last week or so i have been feeling really down. I keep crying at silly things, i feel useless but the worse thing is my kids have seen me upset and they know I'm not doing well atm and that makes me feel even worse ?. One minute I'm fine and the next I'm not. Since the first lock down I've been so strong for my kids and even though I have known for a while something isn't right with myself I've just got on with things. But as i said the last week or so i just feel empty and lonely. My kids have been great though they got me a lovely card saying how much they love me and appreciate me and that they are always there for me. ❤️. I just don't know how to handle my emotions as one minute I'm fine and the next I'm crying so much i can't stop. Sorry for going on. 

Comments

• Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    You should never apologise for how you feel. You are feeling down and that’s not a bad thing. The kids pick up on our feelings no matter how much we try to hide them. You said that they are absolutely great and are there for you. And god bless them. Allow yourself to feel emotions. It’s natural. You have made a decision to share and that’s a fantastic step to take . I pray that you feel better very soon. God bless you..?
  • angiecxx
    Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to me. ❤️?
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there sorry your not feeling so well do you think it’s to do with lock down why you are feeling depressed ? Or do you think it’s other things getting you down . Have you been to see your doctor ? Also there are many numbers you can call li  u s Samaritans and Mind and there’s a few other numbers you can call on the nhs website to do with mental health maybe also look at what your local area offers some free counselling services you may be able to get access too . Or if you ever need some one to talk to we are hear for you . These are really uncertain times for every one so we all understand . 

I suffer with mental illness I’m under a mental health team they have said since lock down there has been more people needing mental health services and people who are already under a mental health team who have got worst . I feel that this whole lock down and coronavirus situation is one of the reasons for anxiety being bad which then triggers my pychosis .

Never apologise for feeling down it’s ok not to be ok your a strong person cx
  • angiecxx
    Thank you my lovely. I know i will get through this i have done before., ❤️
  • angiecxx
    cupcake88 i definitely think lock down has a lot to do with how I'm feeling. ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angiecxx :) I also wanted to thank you for opening up to us. I know it can be difficult to talk about these things, but I think you've taken an important step in sharing your experiences with us. You're not 'going on' at all, you're absolutely welcome to vent here.

Lockdown has certainly been difficult for many people. To echo what cupcake88 said:

Have you spoken to your GP? I understand this can be scary, but they'll be best placed to help you get the support you need

There are organisations out there you can speak to. You don't have to be suicidal to contact them, and they offer a safe space for you to share how you're feeling on a one-to-one basis.
    Many organisations also have useful pages on dealing with depression, including specific challenges the pandemic has caused. 
    We also put together a megathread of resources to help our members deal with stress, low mood, and isolation.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.