Copy of report says scored 0 points living and mobility on PIP assessment. What can we do now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Copy of report says scored 0 points living and mobility on PIP assessment. What can we do now?

Options
misswales
misswales Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi husband had pip assessment on 11Feb . Copy of report came today .OMG scored no points on living nor mobility even though he has severe anxiety problems and awaiting full asd assessment next month (mental health team bought asd to our attention).He doesn't speak to no-one doesn't like socializing but assessor says he can. Doesn't make meals but she said he can . I help to wash his hair etc as he has constant pain assessor said he can .+I was his appointee but made him do telephone .he only answered yes or no but assessor said he made a conversation with her.what to do now please. Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You'll have to wait for the decision letter before you can do anything else.

Assuming they go with the report and he scores 0 points, your next step is to request a mandatory reconsideration.

Usually we'd recommend focussing more on descriptors than conditions but it sounds like you were already doing that to some extent.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @misswales :)

I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't look as though your husband got the PIP score that you were expecting. Please do look into the mandatory reconsideration (MR) process and let us know if you have any questions. 

Just to let you know, I renamed your post slightly so that other members will be able to find it more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bit and welcome 

Sorry your husbands report isnt what you expected and as others have said advise you to put in mr if the decision doesnt give him an award 

You can lodge mr over phone but prepare what to say and also put it in writing so you can explain all why you disagree with points he didnt score 
  • misswales
    Options
    Hi update on the claim . We did do a Mr straight away with the help of cab. We also had asesment confirming my husband has autism spectrum. Yesterday ( Saturday) had a phone call from dwp requesting some clarification on some of the questions we had answered. He did try by asking for husband but without even knowing it was the dwp I explained my husband doesn't go on the telephone where as then I was allowed to answer questions on his behalf. I'm bit confused as to why hi phoned us on Saturday with no warning. Does this mean we have a good case. He was making a decision later on in the day. Thanks in advance.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @misswales, now that you have the assessment report you have time to prepare, gather extra information evidence for an MR. Try to give several real examples of what does or did happen each and every time your husband attempts or try’s to preform each of the PIP descriptors. Stressing what help is given required the extra time spent on completing the activities compared to say yourself or an able bodied person.
  • misswales
    Options
    @wilko have done all that the dm from dwp phoned on Saturday just to verify some answers we had given . Therefor were just awaiting now if he has awarded us points in the MR.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.