News and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Supermarket experiences

Emma_vogelmann_scopeEmma_vogelmann_scope Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 1 in News and opportunities
Hi everyone. I'm doing research into people's experiences with supermarket shopping in-store. I would be so grateful if people would share their experiences with me - good or bad! Please comment below or email me if you'd rather it be private. My email is [email protected] 
Tagged:

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,049 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any specific question or area of interest or just looking for general experiences?

I’ve had good experiences myself but a couple of times I have been questioned for not shopping alone as I always go with a carer. The staff have been OK once told I am with a carer but it’s a bit awkward having to tell a stranger in public that I’m with a carer. That said I don’t know what else they could do in that situation, as I understand that they do need to confront people who may be breaking the rules, so I think they are dealing with it quite well.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,990

Scope community team

edited March 1
    Just to confirm, if anyone was unsure, @Emma_vogelmann_scope works for Scope (lucky us!) and this opportunity is safe to participate in :)  Also, I believe it's general experiences in relation to corona-virus, so thank you for sharing that @66Mustang and I'm sorry you've come up against questioning.   I'm glad staff have been more understanding.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    In the first 2 lockdowns we had no choice other than to go to the supermarket as we couldn't get a delivery slot, the last time we went was 23rd Dec, however during this current lockdown we have had no problem getting deliveries. I think some people will have had problems but I'm certain that the stores are doing their very best in difficult situations.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,324 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I found it good doing my morrisons  shopping on the amazon app as they use amazon drivers  and sometimes if I am lucky I get my shopping within 2hrs and 40  pound or over is free delivery 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    I tried doing that @lisathomas50 went through it all to be told there was no delivery slot avaliable  :(
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • GarzaGarza Member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    Hi everyone. I'm doing research into people's experiences with supermarket shopping in-store. I would be so grateful if people would share their experiences with me - good or bad! Please comment below or email me if you'd rather it be private. My email is [email protected] 
    Hello Emma 

It was a pleasure to chat with you regarding this a little while back, I look forward to helping out on more research as and when I can 
Sign in or join us to comment.