Lcwra and severe disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lcwra and severe disability

kami24 Member Posts: 402 Pioneering
What is the difference between the two of them? I don't get it and what will happen to the severe disability premium once every person is forced onto UC? Is it replaced by calling it lcwra and is this a lower amount or are you reassessed for Lcwra? Or is it automatically added???????? Thanks 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,751 Disability Gamechanger
    The process of managed migration to UC is expected to take at least 3 years, my attitude is to worry about it when it happens.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,434 Disability Gamechanger
    Lcwra is re assessed on regular basis 

    It is different to SDP which is an old benefit and can be claimed if you live alone and get PIP and nobody claims carers for you for those on esa 

    Lcwra is for those who are unable to work in any capacity and claim UC 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,374 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA is equivalent to ESA Support Group.

    SDP is extra money included for those that qualify in some old benefits.

    If people switch to UC while they.are getting SDP in an old benefit and still meet the qualifying conditions for it they will get extra money in their UC (a transitional element) at the start also but the value of this extra bit will reduce over time if other parts of the award increase.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.