Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Lcwra and severe disability

kami24kami24 Member Posts: 402 Pioneering
What is the difference between the two of them? I don't get it and what will happen to the severe disability premium once every person is forced onto UC? Is it replaced by calling it lcwra and is this a lower amount or are you reassessed for Lcwra? Or is it automatically added???????? Thanks 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,534 Disability Gamechanger
    The process of managed migration to UC is expected to take at least 3 years, my attitude is to worry about it when it happens.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Lcwra is re assessed on regular basis 

It is different to SDP which is an old benefit and can be claimed if you live alone and get PIP and nobody claims carers for you for those on esa 

Lcwra is for those who are unable to work in any capacity and claim UC 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,250 Pioneering
    LCWRA is equivalent to ESA Support Group.

SDP is extra money included for those that qualify in some old benefits.

If people switch to UC while they.are getting SDP in an old benefit and still meet the qualifying conditions for it they will get extra money in their UC (a transitional element) at the start also but the value of this extra bit will reduce over time if other parts of the award increase.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.