Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Stressing about returning to work
So I was furloughed beginning of the year as I work in retail. It was pretty good timing as my partner had been diagnosed with MS in November and had had several falls recently. I’ve spent the past few months sorting things like esa assessment, pip assessment, insurance claim, occupational therapist visits and various other hospital and phone appointments. My partners condition has got increasingly worse and I’m so worried that he won’t be safe/be able to cope when i return to work. I have a meeting with HR on Friday because they have already started to do the Rita’s for April. Do you think I’m being unreasonable asking to work 3 days a week instead of 5?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 611 Work and employment
- 512 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.