Supervision descriptor - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supervision descriptor

2»

Comments

• RebeccaBates
    RebeccaBates Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Ok thank you please could someone delete my post now as I don’t want it in the discussions 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    But it might help somebody else.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RebeccaBates
    Oh ok what dangers are included in this descriptor as for example I am unable to be left in the flat alone as I’m unable to maintain own safety and I have a reduced awareness of danger in the house so would that be enough to put me in the support group 
  • RebeccaBates
    also what hazards and dangers count for in the community. I know that I have some but I want more to know what to put 
  • RebeccaBates
    I did and I’m not aware of the hazards in the house or aware of stranger danger in the community so would that be enough to put me in the support group?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to consider all the descriptors not just focus on this one 

We cant say what group you will be put in or if any as we dont know all the details and you need to have an assessment and then a decision 
  • RebeccaBates
    Thank you for your help. It’s a difficult descriptor to get your head around especially with needing someone in the community. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2021
    Hello @RebeccaBates. Have you been sent a UC50 to complete? You'll need to explain (or have someone explain for you, if they're filling it in) why you're unaware of hazards. Although from what you've said, you may be looking at the wrong descriptor if your focus is on social engagement and interactions. Have you read through any of the others, such as 6 and 7?
    You mentioned being unable to 'maintain own safety' in your flat. Do you have a care plan in place? This might help you more with the hazards descriptor.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • RebeccaBates
    edited March 2021
    @Adrian_Scope Thank you yes I do have a care plan in place which says that I’m unable to be left in the flat and that I’m unaware of the dangers/risks. It also says about my reduced awareness of my own vulnerability and my risks because of it. Why do you think my focus is on social interactions and social engagement for as the only reason why I’m at risk in the community is my reduced awareness of my own vulnerability. I’m fine around people and I can engage with other people easily. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.