Detained in mental health hospital - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

Options

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks so much every one I’m feeling much brighter but also still sad if that makes sense as I’m missing home and the noises in here are scary at times . Xxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad your feeling a bit more positive and you saw the doctor today x x you have a plan yo work to now 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm also pleased you're feeling that bit brighter today @cupcake88 - of course you're missing being back home, & still things in the hospital, especially noises, must be so very difficult to deal with. Hoping the next few days pass quickly, xx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 glad you have more positive news  and its nice to see your friends supporting you take care 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one I have some amazing news I was let out of hospital yesterday but on the condition the hospital staff have to come out and visit me at home twice a day until my actual discharge next tue I have to go to the discharge meeting . But the good news is the dr agreed with the nurses that I would be best at home recovering  . So the plan is that staff will visit me daily till Tuesday next week then my community nurse will take over my care again . 

After having all the medication in my system my brain and thinking is very slow like I’m stuck in a permanent day dream but hopping that will ware off . I still have some medication to take pill form but my main anti pychotic meds will be given to me monthly by injection . 

I want to take the time to thank each and every one of you thanks for thinking of me thanks for your supportive kind words it means so much to me . You all litterally got me threw my hospital stay . I’m so greatful and see you all as my friends . 

I also want to say that if any one is struggling with there mental health please seek help it’s so important so it doesn’t progress and get worst I’m also here to give advice from my experience with living with mental illness if any one needs any support . My concentration isn’t so good at the moment but I’ll be back posting on the forum when I can xxxxxxxxxx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88. Awww I’m so pleased for you that your home.
    It just shows how hard you worked for the doctors to allow you home early with support.
    Just keep doing what your doing and you’ll go from strength to strength.
    Im so proud off you take care.

Lots off love Louise xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 that is fantastic news so pleased for you.

Bet you will recover lots quicker at home,  but also reassuring you are still getting daily care 

So pleased you have brightened my day 

Take care take each day at a time x x 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @Lou67. Thanks so much Lou I literally complied with every thing they asked of me I’m so glad I was allowed home as I wasn’t resting there thank you so much for your support xxx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @janer1967. thanks so much for your support means so much to me . Yes it’s amazing news I’m so happy to be at home resting and there checking on me still then next tue my community nurse will take over my care again . I will rest so much better at home xxxxxx I couldn’t rest there 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh your welcome this is why we are all here to support each other.
    As Jane sd you’ll recover better at home and will  be able to get a decent sleep with no distractions.

Take care ❤️Xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's awesome @cupcake88 :) It must feel great to be home! I'm so glad our lovely members could be here for you when you needed it most. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm both surprised & delighted at your news @cupcake88 - you must have been a model patient! You certainly will recover so much better at home; there's just no place like it. Not only will you sleep better, I hope you start eating better too. Now you will continue to improve. I'm doing a little happy dance for you (in my head). My best wishes to you & your partner, xx <3
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    That's so good to hear @cupcake88. You must be thrilled to bits. Thank you for letting us know.

Rest, take it easy, look after yourself and enjoy your time at home  <3
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 that's amazing good news, look after yourself and take care 
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Such brilliant news @cupcake88! Take it easy and we'll always be here for you :):heart:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news, well done @cupcake88 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 glad your home take care of yourself x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88
    Hi i do hope that your doing well just rémember you áré dearly lövéd by everyone you know we áré áll here too support you sending you húgs and blessings ?? xxxx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I’m blown away by all the support I have had from the forum it’s brought me so much happiness I thank each and every one of you for your kind words and for thinking of me it means the world to me .

im glad to be home my legs are really restless as that’s a side effect of the medication I’m trying my best to rest and relax . My concentration isn’t very good at all hopping that will get better in time xxxx 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.