Pip and ESA face to face assessments to resume in may — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and ESA face to face assessments to resume in may

buddy85
buddy85 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Just been reading this and simply cant believe the DWP are asking people who were declared clinically extremely vulnerable to attend face to face appointments 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2021
    I think there’s going to be a lot of people feeling the same way @buddy85, although I can understand the need for them to restart for those who haven’t been able to been assessed by other means. 
    But I do have some reservations about it too. 

For anyone interested in reading more or discussing face-to-face assessments restarting from May [edited for correction], I’ve put a bit more information about them and started a discussion here
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    To be clear 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-assessments-to-resume-for-health-and-disability-benefits?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=75f28f2c-87aa-4520-ba62-1eafa32d8e0f&utm_content=immediately

Face-to-face assessments for Work Capability Assessments (WCAs) (for claims for the additional health amount of Universal Credit and Employment and Support Allowance) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP), will resume from May. Initially, this will only be for those who we are unable to fully assess by other channels.
    People will be invited for their appointments by letter, which will clearly set out what to expect at their appointment.
    Face-to-face assessments will take place alongside existing paper-based assessments, and telephone assessments (for WCAs and PIP), which will continue to take place where suitable.

The positive is that this gives the opportunity for those who have been told they cannot get their claims processed without a F2F to get their claims progressed.

Only time will tell how this impacts but, on this basis, we are not, for the time being at least, returning to F2F being the default method of assessment.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.