CLAIM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CLAIM

Options
kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I got a letter today sayin i have lost my pip. I not gonna bother to appeal.I am on ESA income based n in the support group,if i apply for uc will i automatically get the disabilty add on.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your PIP 

What points did you score was it close to getting an award ? 

I will leave more expert members to advise about UC and what would be best for you 
  • kes2611
    Options
    Got 4 for DL N 4 for mobility wich is load of ****
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    I got a letter today sayin i have lost my pip. I not gonna bother to appeal.I am on ESA income based n in the support group,if i apply for uc will i automatically get the disabilty add on.
    If you are in the ESA Support Group and apply for UC you will get the LCWRA element from the start of the UC claim. Make sure you understand what will be required of you in respect of managing the UC claim online before deciding to do this. If you also receive Housing Benefit or Tax Credits these will also stop if you apply for UC. There is no going back once UC is applied for.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kes2611
    Options
    Incan get help with my houseing n council tax. What rate of LCWRA wld i get.It all so confusing
  • kes2611
    Options
    I  am on ESA income based n in the support group.Have recently lost my pip so was gonna go on to universal credit.Wld i get the disability element
  • kes2611
    Options
    If i am support group do i need to provide sick notes if i go over to UC n what rate wld i get.
  • calcotti
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    Incan get help with my houseing n council tax. What rate of LCWRA wld i get.It all so confusing
    There is only one rate of LCWRA £341.92/month.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Already answered in your thread here CLAIM — Scope | Disability forum
  • kes2611
    Options
    So wld that b on top of my UC? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kes2611 you have one month to ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR), It's less hassle than a full appeal, could you get welfare rights or even CAB to give you some guidance on doing that?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    So wld that b on top of my UC? 
    It's part of UC (in the same way the Support Group component is part of your ESA).

If you claim UC your income based ESA and your Housing Benefit will stop (there will be a two week run on). Your first UC payment will be one month and one week after you claim so you will have a gap of three and bit weeks between your last ESA/HB payments and UC.

You will have to manage your UC claim on line.

You can compare the amount of benefit you would get using a benefits calculator Benefits calculators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). Bear in mind that UC is set to reduce by £86.67/month in October (unless the government change their mind).
  • kes2611
    Options
    Can i send u an email as have few questions regarding UC. 
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    Can i send u an email as have few questions regarding UC. 
    I will only respond on open thread.
    There is a lot of information here
    https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/
    Happy to reply to any questions you wish to post (insofar as I am able).
  • kes2611
    Options
    Afternoon, now i have lost my pip i dont know wheather to go over to UC n get the extra disability money or stsy on ESA. On am income bssed n in the support group.Dont know if wld b better off on UC. 
  • kes2611
    Options
    Am so confused bout UC. I dont know if to stay on ESA or go over to UC. For instance if i did the benefit calculator n it said 700 a month wld the LCWRA b added on top of that? 
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    Am so confused bout UC. I dont know if to stay on ESA or go over to UC. For instance if i did the benefit calculator n it said 700 a month wld the LCWRA b added on top of that? 
    It depends what you put into the calculator. Did you enter information to say you had LCWRA/ESA Support Group?

If you currently get ESA Support Group and Housing Benefit then your UC claim will consist of the standard allowance, the LCWRA element and the housing element. If this is your only income then UC will pay a bit more than ESA.
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    Options
    deleted following merge of threads
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've merged your threads now @kes2611 :) I'm sorry to hear that you weren't successful in your PIP claim. Have you tried using the benefits calculator that calcotti sent the link to? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • kes2611
    Options
    It keeps giving different amounts.
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    Options
    kes2611 said:
    It keeps giving different amounts.
    In which case you are entering the information differently each time which indicates that you are not sure what you are doing. Because you obviously find this confusing it would be sensible to seek advice and get a benefits check carried out for you with someone who go through your full circumstances with you. https://advicelocal.uk

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.