My college have said I can't bring in my own laptop, and they can't give me one. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My college have said I can't bring in my own laptop, and they can't give me one. What can I do?

Options
kittydavies
kittydavies Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited April 2021 in Education
Hi I go to a college for people with ASD I was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition called FHH about a year ago. It causes me wrist Pain when I write. I have asked the college if my lsw could write for me when my wrist hurts. The college said that was a covid risk. I have asked if I could bring in my own laptop. They said it equipment has to belong to the college. So I asked if the college could provide a laptop for me to type I said I could get a doctor's note to move it was a medical cause. They said they didn't have the resources so I said do I just have to put up with the pain. They said sorry there is nothing we can do. That was In September. Since then I have mentioned to every member of staff that my wrists hurt. I offered a doctor's note they just say they don't need one they can see it's genuine. It's this fair or do I have rights?
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.