Miricleman0718 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Miricleman0718

Options
miricleman0718
miricleman0718 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
hi everyone,
John here, Just a bit about myself I'm 50 years old and I'm disabled because of horrific motorbike accident in 2018 which I ended up being all over the news because basically nobody had survived from the horrific multiple injuries that I sustained at the scene. I am now on disability benefit and just get on with life as I really shouldn't be here and As I was refused entry at the Pearly Gates,lol. So I just have to get on with my life now but it's not easy When your world has been shattered and turned upside down.    

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry about your accident but thankful you are still here to tell.the story 

Lots of us can empathise with adjusting to living with a disability 

Have a look around and feel free to join in 
  • miricleman0718
    miricleman0718 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Thanks I thanks I will do...
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,502 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @miricleman0718 goodness me, at such a horrific accident, glad you came out of it and the pearley gates didn't open for you.
    It can be hard adjusting to a different life you had before, also welcome to the forum, 
    Lots of topics here you can join in with.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @miricleman0718 - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Now we can see where your user name comes from; what a terrible thing to go through, & your life just changing so suddenly. You will find others with some understanding of this, but we're all here to support you in any way we can. I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly community, so please join in with the discussions. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @miracleman0718 :) Thanks for sharing your story. I too am glad that you're around to tell the tale, but I'm very sorry to hear what you've been through.

As the others have said, please do feel free to take a look around and join in with any discussions that catch your eye, or start your own. The coffee lounge is a great place to meet other members, and our list of recent discussions will show you what our members are talking about right now. You can also view the list of categories of discussion that we host here. 

Give us a shout if you need anything!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.