Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Work Capability Phone Assessment

Chris2911Chris2911 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 14 in Universal Credit
Hi,

Last year while at work I had an accident which resulted in me having to stop working and claiming universal credit. In August 2020 I was informed I needed to take part in a work capability assessment by telephone which I did. A few weeks later I received a letter stating the assessment couldn’t be completed until they seen me face to face. 

I provided all the evidence, GP letters, my orthopaedic consultant wrote to them, they were provided evidence of operations I require, anything I had was given to them.

I’ve been claiming benefits for nearly a year now and because they won’t make a decision I’m losing out on what I’m entitled too.

In contrast I also did a PIP assessment in September which after a mandatory reconsideration was approved, this assessment was also done by telephone and they exact same questions were asked.

I’m sure I’m one of many people in this situation but there must be something we can do to combat this outrageous injustice to people who are in the same situation.

Thanks

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Yes lots are in the same situation f2f are starting again at the end of this month for people in your situation  so hopefully it won't be too long now 

It's no consultation  but if awarded you will get backpay from the 4th month 

PIP and wca are different with different criteria wca looks at your ability to carry out work PIP I'd about daily living tasks 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,391

Scope community team

Hi @Chris2911 and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing today?

I empathise with how you're feeling and really hope it's not too long before your appointment comes round.  If when it comes to closer to the time you need more support, please do give us a shout.  Good luck. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.