PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is it normal for the assessors to ask my GP for a report?

joshua12000joshua12000 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 27 in PIP, DLA and AA
Applied for PIP in November 2020 for mental health of physical health conditions had the telephone assessment mid Feb 2021 then a text a week later from DWP saying we have received written report of your pip assessment and will write to you when we have made a decision.
You will hear from us within 8 weeks well in the mean time applied for a copy of the report and scored 6 points so obviously may need to do mandatory re-consideration to try to up the points score as was a bit light in a couple of areas  and nothing for mobility.

So has no decision letter has arrived my sister rang DWP who said the report had been sent back to independent assessment services, so she then rang them and was told that they where waiting for a report from my GP. Then she rang GP and was told that the letter was there but had not been filled in and had been there for 6 weeks and would hopefully be filled in shortly.

What i want to know is this normal as i was under the impression that the DWP went with the assessment and don't usually contact your GP. So if anyone can shed some light on this i would be grateful as i have not heard of this situation before.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.