Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I get UC LCWRA with PIP. I applied for new style ESA. How much ESA will I get?

JesuschristisJesuschristis Member Posts: 5 Listener
I get universal credit with PIP,Limited capability of work and work related activity. I applied for New style ESA how much ESA will i get ? 
Thank you 


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,236 Pioneering
    The ESA amounts are initially
    • £74.70 each week if you’re aged 25 or over
    • £59.20 each week if you’re aged under 25

    About the WCA, if you are put in the Support Group you will get an additional £39.40.

    As advised in your other thread here


    this will not increase your overall income because the ESA will be deducted in full from your UC, but there are benefits to claiming ESA as mentioned in my reply in the other thread.

    Be aware however that, unlike UC, new style ESA is taxable income. Some people will be worse off by claiming ESA because, if they use up their tax free allowance from other income, they will end up paying tax on the ESA whereas no tax liability would arise from claiming UC only.

    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.