Hi, my name is remster! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is remster!

Options
remster
remster Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I have just joined Scope Community. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to have a look around and join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @remster - & welcome to the community. Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
    You may like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to meet some of our other members & join in with some word games too. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @remster! It's really good to have you with us :)

Have you had a chance to look around the forum yet? As you'll see, there's lots of ways for you to get involved in some of our different discussions categories, including the Coffee lounge. Or if you prefer, you can start your own chat by using the New discussion button at the top-right of the page. 

Just give us a shout if you would like any help navigating the site or if you have any questions for us. Looking forward to chatting with you some more! :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @remster :) How are you doing? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @remster :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • remster
    remster Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.  To 'Janer1967, Chiarieds,Caz_scope,Tori_scope and Ami2301.  Not sure where I was supposed to post my reply but hope you all see this.  Yup, I'll check out the Community Coffee Lounge.  'Big Shout Out' to any 'SPOONIES' aka Fibromyalgia / CFS / M.E. sufferers out there just in case you wanted to know my 'affliction'. Looking forward to making some friends, sharing interests and offering any tips I have learned dealing with CFS  Hope you are all feeling well whatever your situations are.  Big hugs, Remster
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @remster - Thank you for replying (in exactly the right place). I think I'm likely an honorary 'spoonie,' as the genetic disorder I have (the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) has been likened to Fibro with some of it's problems.  :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @remster and a big hello to the community from me.  How are you doing today?

I think I might be a spoonie too because I have Crohn's disease, although it is thankfully <touch wood> in remission at the moment.  How's your CFS behaving?

If you ever want to speak with another member, one thing you can do is put an '@' in front of their username to tag them in your post and alert them.  Although it looks to me like you're getting to grips with our community smashingly already :)  

Please let us know if you ever have any questions we can help you with and have a lovely bank holiday weekend.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.