Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Does anyone have any experience with Shoulder Injury Relating to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)?
Note from moderator: this post and the related comments may contain unverified claims regarding side-effects of COVID-19 vaccines. You can find recognised side-effects of the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines on the respective gov.uk pages linked.
I've had shoulder pain and limited mobility now since my covid vaccine (10 weeks ago) and recently spoke to my GP who advised it is wholly coincidental and not as a result of the vaccine. The issue for me is that I had zero issues or pain prior to the injection but have been in pain ever since which hasn't improved or subsided as it would with a muscular injury. I am aware that incorrect injection technique can cause this issue and that it can happen with any intramuscular injection. I do have a physio referral so hopefully they can shed more light. I just wondered if anyone had any knowledge/experience of this? Thank you.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.