Hi, my name is Laura_45! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Laura_45!

Options
Laura_45
Laura_45 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone I've been reading about my nerve condition and felt alone and not sure where to go....I've read some of the answers and comments and hope to understand and learn theirs others out there suffering with this debilitating problem 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Hope to see you around 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Laura_45 :) It's good to have you with us. 

Would you be able to tell us a little more about the nerve condition you live with? This might help other members with a similar experience to find your post. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Laura_45 - & welcome to this supportive community. I have a neurological condition called Chiari 1 Malformation, what's yours, if you don't mind me asking? My worst symptom is neuropathic pain; how are you affected? I hope to speak to you again, & my best wishes. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @laura45! It's lovely to have you with us. :smiley:

I just wanted to stop by, say hello, and see how you were getting on. Have you had chance to have a good look around yet? I know you said in your original post that you'd been reading other people's posts and replies to see if that might help you to understand a bit more about your own condition. Has that helped you at all?

Also, just to say that, even if you don't spot too many posts from people who share exactly the same experiences as yourself, there's still lots of folk here who are happy to chat and try to answer your questions, whatever they might be!

Looking forward to seeing you around. Just give us a shout if we can be of any help. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.